Join Our Team
Job – Technical Sales & Applications Engineer
Vacuum Technology provides a rewarding, challenging, and interesting opportunity to use and develop a wide variety of skills and experiences. Employees are a company’s most valuable asset, and VTI responds with a comprehensive benefits package and recreational facilities pictured and detailed here.
Job Description – Technical Sales & Applications Engineer
The Technical Sales & Applications Engineering position involves being an active member of Vacuum Technology Incorporated’s (VTI’s) sales team. The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to potential and existing customers. In this role you will be responsible for identifying appropriate VTI solutions for the customers’ applications. The position requires knowledge of all of VTI’s Calibrated Leak product lines. The position requires working closely with a diverse and international customer base for solution selling. It is also necessary to communicate with other VTI departments for potential sales leads that may have an impact on production, accounting etc. The successful applicant will likely have an Engineering or Science based degree, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a strong desire to contribute to the development of the product line. The Applications Engineer is a progressive role and does not require prior experience.
The following are the principal duties of the Applications Engineer:
- Work with customers directly to define and understand their calibrated leak requirements.
- Work in VTI’s A2LA-Accredited calibration laboratory for the production of new calibrated leaks and on the recalibration of leaks as required by our customer’s quality programs.
- Work with internal colleagues to identify correct solutions. Eventually developing technical matter expertise in Calibrated Leaks.
- Work with VTI to design, and document designs of calibrated leaks and fixtures.
- Work with technicians to maintain sales and delivery targets, including setting-up and conducting tests.
- Identify market opportunities for new products and/or product lines.
- Recent or imminent Engineering or Science degree recipient
- Business acumen
- Mechanically inclined - hands-on experience with machines/industrial equipment is preferred
- Strong Interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external customers
The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to a fast paced, small company environment where meeting the customer needs to take top priority. To succeed in this position, the candidate will have a strong willingness to learn all facets of the vacuum and leak detection systems business and reach beyond their initial defined role. He or she should be open to input from the experienced members of the Vacuum Technology team, as well as for VTI's customers, while simultaneously demonstrating a willingness to express their own views and opinions.
Pay Rates and Benefits:
A competitive compensation is offered commensurate upon experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) to be used for vacation and sick days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan (with a history of a 50%-150% matching contributions)
- Health Plan Funded in Part by Employer Contribution to Monthly Premiums
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) funded with pre-tax dollars
- On-site swimming pool, racquetball court, and work out facility