Join Our Team
Job – Design Engineer
Vacuum Technology provides a rewarding, challenging, and interesting opportunity to use and develop a wide variety of skills and experiences. Employees are a company’s most valuable asset, and VTI responds with a comprehensive benefits package and recreational facilities pictured and detailed here.
Job Description - Design Engineer
The basic function of the Design Engineer is to perform engineering work in a multi-disciplinary team environment related to identifying, designing, applying, and developing custom leak detection solutions, process systems, and products.
The following are the principal duties of the Design Engineer:
- Provide Engineering management and analysis of projects to include but not limited to: design, manufacturing, calculation, cost estimation, and component specification.
- Prepare and interpret design drawings, schematics, layouts, calculations, and other visual aids as necessary.
- Interface with customers and co-workers as part of the design, development, run-off, and delivery cycle associated with custom machine builds.
- Be an active participant as part of a multi-disciplinary team to manage design, development, construction, and documentation of custom systems.
- Provide analytical problem solving support to the shop to support manufacturing processes and challenges associated with custom machine fabrication.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Hands on aptitude with an understanding of standard design practices and manufacturing techniques.
- Mechanically inclined with a working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, process systems, and automation preferred.
- Advanced skills in 2D and 3D CAD software - preferably AutoCAD and Inventor or Solid Works.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Ideal candidate will be adaptable, honest, trustworthy, and self-motivated. To succeed in this position candidates will have a willingness to learn, and will be open to input from experienced members of the Vacuum Technology team, as well as from VTI's customers.
Pay Rates and Benefits:
A competitive compensation is offered commensurate upon experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) to be used for vacation and sick days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan (with a history of a 50%-150% matching contributions)
- Health Plan Funded in Part by Employer Contribution to Monthly Premiums
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) funded with pre-tax dollars
- On-site swimming pool, racquet ball court, and work out facility