Join Our Team
Job – Calibration Technician
Vacuum Technology provides a rewarding, challenging, and interesting opportunity to use and develop a wide variety of skills and experiences. Employees are a company’s most valuable asset, and VTI responds with a comprehensive benefits package and recreational facilities pictured and detailed here.
Job Description - Calibration Technician
The function of the Calibration Technician is to calibrate leak standards and vacuum gauges. The Calibration Technician will be directly responsible for the timely completion of gas flow, volume, and pressure (aka vacuum) calibrations in a NIST-traceable and A2LA-Accredited laboratory. Prior experience with leak standards is not required, but knowledge of calibration principles is ideal. The Calibration Technician will perform in a team environment to support production as well as process and design improvements.
The following are the principal duties of the Calibration Technician:
- Build and test calibrated leaks to VTI and customer specifications in a fast-paced environment to support a 100% on-time delivery metric.
- Perform various calibrations including but not limited to: gas flow, volume, and pressure to high-degree of quality.
- Communicate with co-workers, specifically the Orders Departments, to report status of data and recommended repair services.
- Follow VTI Quality Assurance Procedures for compliance with ISO17025.
- Participate as part of the team environment to manage the design, development, construction, and documentation of Calibrated Leak.
- Perform planned and unplanned maintenance on calibration stands.
- Develop fixtures and test setups to conduct calibrations.
- Proficiency with basic math skills
- Experience with vacuum system preferred
- Mechanically inclined
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to communicate with internal customers
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, honest, trustworthy, and self-motivated. To succeed in this position candidate will have a willingness to learn and will be open to input from experienced members of the Vacuum Technology team as well as from VTI's customers.
Pay Rates and Benefits:
Competitive Salary depending upon experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) to be used for vacation and sick days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan (with a history of a 50%-150% matching contributions)
- Health Plan Funded in Part by Employer Contribution to Monthly Premiums
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) funded with pre-tax dollars
- On-site swimming pool, racquetball court, and work out facility