VSLC – Variable Sniffer Leak Capillary
We developed the VSLC Leak Standards specifically for calibrating sniffer leak detectors. Manufactured with a capillary leak element, the VSLC model is great for service in most environments within the usual “Sniffing” range, around 10-3 to 10-6 atm-cc/sec. With the capillary leak element, customers can use the VSLC Calibrators for larger leak rates of 10-3 and higher, and they have a very low temperature coefficient of 0.2% per degree Celsius, which is convenient for applications with wide temperature variations.
Primarily developed for calibrating helium sniffer-type leak detectors, this model is also great for making Calibrators of many other gases and gas mixtures, such as hydrogen, helium and nitrogen.
Plugging is a threat with all capillary leaks. If customers intend to install their leak in a non-sterile environment, they may consider using one of our Teflon permeation leaks instead.
- Stable: flow rate remains unaffected by changes in temperature
- Versatile: 10 to 1 leak-rate range that can be set without the usual manufacturing variance
- Durable: made of all-welded, stainless steel
- Reusable: customers can refill the reservoir with their own gas supply
- Reliable: easy probe positioning allows for repeatable results
- Suitable for a wide variety of gases and gas mixtures
- Meets ISO requirements: NIST-traceable, A2LA-accredited Calibration Certification